My story of how Liz Ross led Freeview Australia to success – by focusing relentlessly on creating a great experience for consumers – and bringing together a consortium of free-to-air channels, TV manufacturers and retailers with a major deployment of HbbTV.
See my full IBC 365 article here.
Broadcast and media companies increasingly recognise the crucial importance of delivering a compelling experience for audiences and consumers as they compete with internet-native platforms, social media and user-generated content.
IBC conference session
Rob Ambrose of High Green Media produced and chaired Delivering an Exceptional Consumer Experience at IBC 2017. This panel session featured a great line-up of speakers talking about how they are starting with the consumer’s needs before deciding what technology investments to make.
- Charles Dawes, Senior Director, International Marketing – TiVo
- Chris McGrath, SVP Data & Analytics – Discovery Communications
- Elizabeth Ross, CEO – Freeview Australia
- Richard Waghorn, Director of Transformation and Technology – RTÉ
- Sinead Greenaway, Chief Technology and Operations Director – UKTV
- Tom Williams, CEO – Ostmodern
Here’s a short video from the session, published on the IBC Facebook feed (scroll down for more content).
There’s an article on the IBC365 web site here, and a write up from the IBC Daily below.
Here’s the full video recording of the session.